‘Decision (Buttons)’ asks the visitor to select a preset option, allowing you to build, e.g. an Lead Generation Bot that will give answers to a chosen question. The node will enable you to create a list of selectable options (Buttons), which branch out of the node to connect with appropriate actions.
The “Decision (Buttons)” action and it’s workflow
Decision node supports as much as you want to add the buttons inside Decision(Buttons) property.
An example of the answer buttons added to the “Decision(Buttons)” action
Here is an example how you can configure Decision(Buttons) in your chatbot.
URL in Decision(Buttons)
URL in Decision button is used to redirect user to external website or specific pages. To configure URL in Decision button, Follow below steps
- Click on Decision button
- Enter your buttons name
- Click on URL and Enter URL where you want to redirect the user. that’s it
Here you can configure URL in Decision button
Delete in Decision(Buttons)
Here you can delete the decision the button inside Decision(Buttons) property. To delete button from Decision(Buttons) property, follow below steps-
- Click on Decision(buttons)
- Click on buttons inside property
- Click on Delete button. That’s it
Make sure you can not delete all button, there should be one button always.
We have already three built-in templates chatbot available-
- Lead Generation
- Multiple Choice
- Customer Support
Lead Generation:- Here you can learn how to configure Decision(buttons) in Chatbot
Overview of Pre-built Lead Generation Chatbot
While making Lead Generation bot, we have used below Triggers, Conditions and Actions-
- First take Triggers button as we have taken it as “First Visit on site”- It will triggers the chat icon on integrated site. We have many triggers option you can choose as per your requirement
Once your bot is live, it will trigger like thies-
- Take one Decision(Buttons) from Actions- This will allow user to select a present options. It will enable you to create a list of selectable options (Buttons), which branch out of the node to connect with appropriate actions.
- Once your bot is live, it will look like this-
- Then take If Condition fron Conditions tab- If condition always work with Dicision(Buttons) as It take value from Dicision(Buttons) and match the value anf forward to it connecting nodes.
- Then we have taken Asking a Question from Actions- It will allow us to take imput from Users and then Bot validates the user input, if user imput is invalid, it will show error message to user to enter valid input.
Upon live, it will take input from user like-
Multiple Choice- It will aswer based on option selection.Here we have taken 3 buttons –
- First Visit on Site
- Agent takeover
In this bot, When user visit the integreted site, Chatbot will be triggers with message(Howdy? What can we help you today?) then User click on chatbot icon. once user click on chatbot icon, it will display list of present options. user can select any option as per their requirment. Once clicked on present options, Agent will take over conversation from here. that’s it 🙂
Overview of Pre-built Multiple Choice chatbot
Customer Support- In the same way you can also configure Customer Support chatbot as we have already Pre-built Customer Support Chatbot. You can use it or modify it as your need by following same approach as above.
Overview of Pre-built Customer Support Chatbot.
Here is the overview of all Triggers, Conditions and Actions
- First visit on Site
- Visitor returns to the site
- Mouse leave window
- Visitor opnes a specific page
- Visitor clicks on Chat Icon
- Send a message
- Asking a question
- Send an email
- Subscribe for Mailing
- Agent takeover
- Move to anothe bot
- If Condition
If you still have some questions for our team after reading this article, don’t hesitate to contact us.